Many of the issues he raises are very commonplace, "average" ways of thinking about money. Perhaps there is a good reason the "average" person isn't in a very enviable financial situation ... ?? Some food for thought at least.
Things people say that keep them broke ...
1. I'm too __________ (old, young, ... broke) to save money.
2. I deserve __________.
3. I did it to improve my credit score.
4. My student loan/mortgage is "Good debt."
5. He told me I would __________.
6. The "Little Man" can't get ahead.
7. I can write off the interest on my taxes.
8. How much a month?
9. I have retirement covered, Social Security __________.
10. When I __________, then I'll be able to __________.